Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scrap Obsession


Let me just start by saying that I have a love-hate relationship with scrapbooking. I love the idea of having a cute little book with Blake's pictures in it. However, scrapbooking is expensive and messy. I put together a book of his ultrasound pictures and I am pleased with it, but I did it twice before I was happy with the result - not a cheap decision.



I have taken a ton of pictures of my little man and have them all organized on my computer. This weekend I discovered digital scrapbooking but I didn't know how to use any appropriate software nor did I want to pay for digital kits. I got a couple of calls this week about moving on in the hiring process for jobs I had applied for. This made me realize that I am potentially about to have a lot less time on my hands. This got a little bit of a fire under my butt regarding getting Blake's scrapbook going. I can see myself now back to work and planning on scrapbooking on the weekend but wanting to instead spend time with my boys. In short - the baby book would never get finished.



So...I taught myself to use Photoshop 7 and found some free digital scrapbooking kits (which you can waste a whole day searching for). Now I am obsessed! I am only on week 3 of little Blake's life, but it totally consumed my Monday. No, I didn't have the Labrador watching Blake all day, he slept a lot yesterday. I guess that explains our still trying to get him to sleep at midnight last night. The scrapbook is on the blog to the right of this post. It is a work in progress, but hopefully I won't feel the need to do every page twice! Any suggestions on where to have this printed when I'm finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment