Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And the winner is...




For all of you who knew about our struggle to find childcare for Blake - the search is over! I was a nervous wreck, not wanting to send him to a daycare at 6 weeks old. I still struggle with the thought of leaving him at all, but I wanted to make sure he was going to be held and loved while we are away. Not being from this area we had a really hard time finding out what daycare facilities were good or bad and who provided childcare in their home.


Monday I struck gold! I was desperately searching Google for a list of in home providers or reviews of the local daycares. Having Blake's daycare here in Shelbyville has always been a priority. I had performed the same search a hundred times over the last several months. This time I happened upon a site that provided a list of state certified providers. Everyone I called was, of course, completely full. The last lady that I called said she was full until August, but her daughter-in-law might be interested. She put me in contact with her daughter-in-law and I took Blake to her house to meet with her yesterday. The fact that I was immediately impressed that her house was clean and had heat tells you something about the other providers I have interviewed.


Katie is very sweet. She is just a couple of years older than me and is married (hoping to have one of her own soon). She does not smoke or have any pets. After being a live in nanny she decided to stay home and watch kids when she got married. She and Blake have already bonded...he spit up on her. I feel very comfortable leaving Blake with her and I think he will be well cared for while we are at work. Speaking of, I plan to go back to work next Friday the 13th. Those who know how I feel about my job will find that fitting.


We all know she is lucky to get to spend her days with Blake, but I feel blessed to have found her as well.


Yes, I know, I will still be a mess when I go back to work no matter how I feel about Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment